505 Camino de los Marques
Santa Fe NM 87505
A Central Office (or Intergroup) is an AA service office that involves partnership among groups in a Community – just as AA groups themselves are partnerships of individuals. A central office is established to carry out certain functions common to all groups – functions which are best handled by a centralized office – and is usually maintained, supervised and supported by these groups in their general interest. It exists to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers*. The Central Office of Santa Fe fulfills these responsibilities in many different ways, including but not limited to:
- AA Inquiries – 12 Step Call referrals
- Publish Meeting Schedules;
- Coordinate on-line schedules w/District II – www.santafeaa.org
- 24/7-365 Phone Assistance
- Volunteers – 10:00am to 8:00pm including weekends/holidays
- Answering Service manned by recovering alcoholics!
- Responds to all calls; 24 hours or less
- Literature Sales – sell inventory of English & Spanish books and pamphlets
- Group Coordinator Outreach – Is your Group represented at Central Office?
- International, US and Canada Meeting Directories
- Cooperation but not affiliation with other programs
Donate online to Central Office
How Can Your Group More Fully Participate In AA?
- Register with AA/GSO; receive Group Handbook, AA literature, etc
- Have a group representative attend bi-monthly Central Office/Intergroup meetings
- Maintain an inventory of literature.
- Purchase literature and chips from the Central Office; sold at published cost
- Fill a 2 hour telephone answering time slot at Central Office – Anytime!
- Urge members to participate in local AA activities
- Keep information current at Central Office, ie, meeting time, secretary, etc
- Contribute to Central Office according to GSO suggestions.
- Add Names/Numbers to the 12 Step Call list
*Source: AA Guidelines/Central or Intergroup Offices; GSO, NY.